Following on from another fantastic BCA Conference we thought we’d take the time to reflect on a few things we learnt from this gathering of the great and good of the flexible workspace world.
Alongside the exciting news that the BCA will be rebranding themselves as the Flexible Space Association, here’s 8 other key takeaways from the conference:
- The future of workspace is hugely exciting! Phillip Ross, CEO of Unwork told us that technology is personalising the employee experience.
- Flexible workspace is no longer a temporary solution; it’s a permanent home, says Olly Olsen of The Office Group. Wework have put a spotlight on the sector and given it credibility.
- Internet connectivity is the most important factor for our clients, according to the Instant Group team, whose research into the market showed that they rated it 4.19 out of 5.
- Flexible workspace will become more people-centric. Instant Group believe that their research shows that the real estate sector will become a services business, with a focus on people’s behaviour.
- Landlords have recognised that better connectivity improves their asset performance with 76% achieving rent increases and 72% reporting a decrease in voids because of it, says John Gravett, Head of Real Estate Management at Cluttons, during technologywithin’s panel discussion, “People, the Real technologywithin.”
- When dealing with people, we are dealing with creatures of emotion; not logic, said Sam Piper, Managing Director at Dale Carnegie UK South West, adding to the debate around how buildings and technology affect the workforce.
- The UK flexible workspace is resilient in the face of Brexit delays opined Bizspace Commercial Director, Emma Long, who feels that the uncertainty has not affected business.
- Understand what your customers want by simply listening to them, is John Spencer, CEO of Landmark’s, simple advice in an ever-more automated world.
You can view the presentations from our panel discussion here.
Let’s have a chat
If you’d like to find out more about how we enable the technologywithin your workspace give our friendly team a call today.
Share this Post